Who Is Green Goddess Designs?
Green Goddess Designs is owned and operated by Shennandoah Connor. Shennandoah grew up on a dairy farm in New Mexico with 300+ milk cows, 80 acres of farmland, and a blue heeler at her side. Living on the farm and spending weekends helping her grandmother tend to her war-era victory garden spawned a life-long love of gardening and living close to the land. Life is always full of winding roads and twisting turns, that brought her to a career as a copywriter, then business consultant, where she landed a role owning and operating a landscape company for 8 years.
Life took a hard left turn again back to management consulting, but she continued to hone her horticulture knowledge through ongoing training and certifications, until finally deciding to dive head first into running a business that combined her passion for education, the environment, gardening, design, and business. Thus, Green Goddess Designs was born!
A Few Interesting Facts
- She’s a published writer and loves writing about gardening and other horticultural topics
- She’s loves teaching people what is possible – from leadership to earth friendly lawns – and often speaks at garden clubs and other organizations
- She loves to bake and can’t pass a bakery or pastry shop with out giving something a try (almond croissants, cupcakes, cookies!). Many of her garden harvest ends up in her treats.
- She’s an avid genealogist, kind of geeky about it actually. Family tree, real tree, there is a connection!
- She’s addicted to Hallmark mysteries . . . and plants . . . and books . . . and puzzles . . . and, well lots of things really
- Most of all she is passionate about sustainable gardening with edibles, herbs, natives, and flowers alike!
Key Certifications and Training
Shennandoah also holds a BA in Economics from St. Edward’s University and a MS in Organizational Development and Leadership
from the University of the Incarnate Word (remember what we said about life taking turns!).
Why Choose Green Goddess?
Because we're passionate, maybe even a little fanatical, about building organic, sustainable, beautiful landscapes for San Antonio and Central Texas.